WHAT IS A QSD?
A QSD is a Qualified SWPPP Designer. A QSD delvelops a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP).
WHAT IS SWPPP?
A SWPPP is a detailed plan that:
• Identifies potential sources of stormwater pollution
• Describes the practices that will be used to prevent stormwater pollution. These should include: erosion and sediment control practices, good housekeeping practices, conservation techniques, and infiltration practices (where appropriate), and
• Identifies procedures the operator will implement to comply with all requirements in the construction general perm
WHAT DOES A QSP DO?
A QSP has responsibility for the implementation of all elements of the Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), including non-stormwater and stormwater visual observations, sampling, analysis, and preparation of Rain Event Action Plans. And must ensure that the preparation and implementation of the SWPPP are sufficient for effective pollution prevention.
A QSP shall have attended a State Water Regulation Control Board (SWRCB) sponsored or approved QSP training course and shall have either a QSD or have one of the following credentials:
- a) A Certified Erosion, Sediment and Storm Water Inspector (CESSWI) registered through EnviroCert International, Inc.; or
- b) A Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (CISEC)
WHAT IS QSP MONITORING
A QSP regularly monitors a site to ensure the SWPPP is working and to identify problems caused by weather, like a heavy rain or a wind event that could alter the site. A QSP is typically responsible for SMART reporting updates.
We offer affordable QSP Monitoring Services in Central and Southern California. Call us for a quick quote!
WE ARE A QUALIFIED SWPPP DESIGNER & PRACTIONER
BMP Contractors Inc is a fully trained and certified QSD and QSP in The State of California. Certification #20776
We offer a variety of stormwater management services including QSP Monitoring.
We carefully follow defined methodologies to assess, document and plan each project. Our professional teams are thorough and committed to delivering a comprehensive plan that ensures maximum results for each client. We take great pride in the quality of our work and our ability to deliver accurate results on time and within budget.
CALL US TO DISCUSS YOUR PROJECT REQUIREMENTS
You can reach us at 951.397.6637